If you're looking for a more versatile way to control our teleprompter app, consider using a game controller. Our recommended game controller is the Xbox Wireless Controller, which provides a comfortable and responsive experience. In this article, we'll show you how to control our teleprompter app with a game controller.
In general any game controller that supports bluetooth and can be paired to your device should work as the Xbox controller, using a similar layour display above.
Why use a game controller?
Game controllers, such as the Xbox Wireless Controller, offer a comfortable and precise way to control various aspects of your teleprompter experience. They provide multiple buttons and triggers, which can be customized to perform specific actions within our app.
How to use the app with a game controller?
Once you have connected your game controller to your iOS device via Bluetooth, you can see the action performed by each button marked on the image with the numbers:
- Decrease scrolling speed
- Increase scrolling speed
- Scroll back a page: You can set a button to scroll back a page in the script.
- Scroll forward a page: You can set another button to scroll forward a page in the script.
- Start/Stop playback and recording together: You can set two buttons to start and stop both playback and recording simultaneously.
- Start/Stop recording
- Start/Stop scrolling
- Go to end
- Go to beginning
Here's how to connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your iOS device:
- Make sure your game controller is in pairing mode.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Your game controller should appear in the list of available devices. Tap on it to connect.
If you're having trouble connecting your game controller, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your game controller is charged and turned on.
- Make sure your iOS device is within range of the game controller.
- Try restarting both your game controller and iOS device.
- Check to see if there are any firmware updates available for your game controller.
If you are still not sure, just check out apple's guide how to connect a game controller here.
In conclusion, using the Xbox Wireless Controller or another compatible game controller can provide a versatile and comfortable way to control our teleprompter app. With a little customization, you can use your game controller to control various aspects of your teleprompter experience.