If you're looking for a foot pedal to use with our teleprompter app, we recommend the AirTurn Duo 500 and the AirTurn Quad 500. The Duo 500 features 2 pedals, while the Quad 500 has 4 pedals. We have tested these foot pedals with our app, and they work perfectly.
But what if you have a different foot pedal?
In general, any foot pedal that supports Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity should work with our app. However, it's important to note that 2.4GHz foot pedals will not work on iOS devices due to compatibility issues.
Foot pedals typically have two or four buttons, and you can customize the buttons to correspond with arrow keys on a keyboard. In the case of the AirTurn devices, you need to put the pedals to mode 2 by pressing and holding the mode selector button until 2 light flashes.
How to use the app with a foot pedal?
Once you have connected your foot pedal to your iOS device via Bluetooth, you can customize the action performed by each button in our app. Here are some examples of what you can do with your foot pedal in our app:
- Start/Stop playback: You can set one pedal to start and stop the playback only.
- Start/Stop recording: You can set one pedal to start and stop the recording only.
- Start/Stop playback and recording together: You can set two pedals to start and stop both playback and recording simultaneously..
- Scroll back a page: You can set one pedal to scroll back a page in the script.
- Scroll forward a page: You can set another pedal to scroll forward a page in the script.
- Increase scrolling speed: You can set a pedal to increase the scrolling speed.
- Decrease scrolling speed: You can set another pedal to decrease the scrolling speed.
To customize the action performed by each button, open our app and go to the settings menu. From there, select the foot pedal option, and you'll be able to assign the desired action to each button on your foot pedal.
With this level of customization, you can use your foot pedal to control various aspects of your teleprompter experience with ease.
Here's how to connect your Bluetooth foot pedal to your iOS device:
- Make sure your foot pedal is in pairing mode.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Your foot pedal should appear in the list of available devices. Tap on it to connect.
If you're having trouble connecting your foot pedal, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your foot pedal is charged and turned on.
- Make sure your iOS device is within range of the foot pedal.
- Try restarting both your foot pedal and iOS device.
- Check to see if there are any firmware updates available for your foot pedal.
In conclusion, the AirTurn Duo 500 and AirTurn Quad 500 are our recommended foot pedals for use with our teleprompter app. However, any foot pedal that supports Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity should work with our app. With a little customization, you can use your foot pedal to control various aspects of your teleprompter experience.