If you're looking for a presentation remote to use with our teleprompter app, we recommend the Satechi R1 Bluetooth Presentation Remote and the Logitech R500s Laser Presentation Remote. We have tested these remotes with our app, and they work perfectly.
But what if you have a different remote?
In general, any presentation remote that supports Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity should work with our app. However, it's important to note that 2.4GHz remotes will not work on iOS devices due to compatibility issues.
Presentation remotes typically have two buttons, and you can tell which direction each button corresponds to by looking at the arrows on the remote. In most cases, the buttons correspond to left and right arrow directions. However, in rare cases, a presentation remote may have four buttons with all directional arrows.
How to use the app with a presentation remote?
Once you have connected your presentation remote to your iOS device via Bluetooth, you can customize the action performed by each button in our app. Here are some examples of what you can do with your presentation remote in our app:
- Start/Stop playback: You can set the left button to start the playback and the right button to stop it.
- Start/Stop recording: You can set the left button to start the recording and the right button to stop it.
- Start/Stop playback and recording together: You can set both the left and right buttons to start both playback and recording simultaneously and stop them simultaneously as well.
- Scroll back a page: You can set the left button to scroll back a page in the script.
- Scroll forward a page: You can set the right button to scroll forward a page in the script.
- Increase scrolling speed: You can set the up button to increase the scrolling speed.
- Decrease scrolling speed: You can set the down button to decrease the scrolling speed.
To customize the action performed by each button, open our app and go to the settings menu. From there, select the presentation remote option and you'll be able to assign the desired action to each button on your remote.
With this level of customization, you can use your presentation remote to control various aspects of your teleprompter experience with ease.
Here's how to connect your Bluetooth presentation remote to your iOS device:
- Make sure your presentation remote is in pairing mode.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Your presentation remote should appear in the list of available devices. Tap on it to connect.
If you're having trouble connecting your remote, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your remote is charged and turned on.
- Make sure your iOS device is within range of the remote.
- Try restarting both your remote and iOS device.
- Check to see if there are any firmware updates available for your remote.
In conclusion, the Satechi R1 Bluetooth Presentation Remote and Logitech R500s Laser Presentation Remote are our recommended remotes for use with our teleprompter app. However, any presentation remote that supports Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity should work with our app. With a little customization, you can use your remote to control various aspects of your teleprompter experience.